[consulting] Returning to a solution

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Mon Aug 10 17:16:09 UTC 2009

Hello, all,

> skills,

Where has this need been demonstrated? I definitely do not have this need.

> an Open Standards Drupal knowledge/portfolio specification is a good
> solution.
>
> It can be swarm developed by the community, and developers/firms can
> showcase
> their work clearly and concisely. If your work is sophisticated and
> noteworthy, then
> adorn your entry for an item with the corresponding sequence/UML and
> activity diagrams/
> case study/paper napkin scribble Einstein moment. You get the point.

If we have free time, we would rather spend it on maintaining our
contrib modules, writing documentation, helping in the forums, helping
on mail lists, etc -- in short, doing things that give back to the
community.

If a shop is having a hard time establishing their credibility, then I
would strongly recommend they spend time working within the community to
develop it.

> The core drupal developer group can identify

The folks who spend their time on core development have better things to
do, IMO, especially considering that time spent on core development is
generally *volunteered*

Cheers,

Bill