[consulting] Drupal Certification

Trevor Twining trevortwining at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:27:12 UTC 2009

Trying to get back on track ... here's what I've been able to glean
from the conversation so far:

Certification is a contentious issue, with many pros and cons in
either side of the issue.

It seems like any initiative to develop certification will be directed
by larger enterprises seeking to get some standardization into their
hiring process.

Current developers, at least those who have participated so far, see
little reason or benefit to participate at the moment, although this
could change.

Any barriers to entry caused by such a cert can be overcome by care
and feeding of our current quality metrics. This might change over time.

And so the next step, as far as I can see, is to wait for an
announcement by a Large drupal organization of such a certification...