[consulting] Drupal Skills Inventory

Matt Chapman Matt at NinjitsuWeb.com
Mon Aug 24 18:16:43 UTC 2009

Domenic Santangelo wrote:
> When hiring for the shop, I often take this approach. If I need a
> "hired gun" though, portfolio means a lot more. WRT "rate
> yourself"-style questions, people are inherently terrible at
> self-evaluation. I usually take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, yeah definitely take self-ratings with a grain of salt; I do think
you can get a general sense of how trustworthy ratings are based on the
whole. I'm less likely to believe "I'm a  rock star at everything."

Poprtfolio, code sample, reference, all go without sayings, as far as
I'm concerned. You look at those for any hiring situation. I was
highlighting things I used to gauge experience or aptitude for Drupal &
my workflow specifically.

-Matt