[consulting] Drupal Skills Inventory

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Aug 24 19:58:56 UTC 2009

Well, I was just pointing out that I look at the developer's instinct,
business acumen and development know-how (making use of small functions,
class use, etc.) as reusable IP, and that you are certainly paid for
bringing that to the table. Where you got the idea that I was exluding
you and saying you don't have that or don't use it is beyond me.

I think that the part of the deliverable you see as different is
probably the 20% above water, and a large part of your value also comes
from the 80% coder's intuition you use again and again, albeit improved
each time.

I would have to differ though on reworking constantly. I may have done
that given 'ownership' of an app, when I worked in-house, but as a
freelancer I usually only revisit an app if the buyer wants to add things.