[consulting] Do you get a lot of D5 to D6 porting projects?

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Sat Jun 13 12:58:41 UTC 2009

Depends how you define 'porting'.

I haven't had any clients who want their existing site moved to D6, and
retain a resemblance to the original site. Most 'porting' jobs consisted
of stripping the site down to the bare essential content, upgrading, and
performing a massive redesign / rethink / restructure.

I think this is due that for many of my clients, in the year or two
since their sites were initially built in D5, they've had time to
evaluate what works for them, and what doesn't. We are hitting a point
where many of them are naturally ready to revise their sites. A port to
D6 is just a logical step as part of that process.

--
*Brian Vuyk*
Web Design & Development