[consulting] Staying Current

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Mar 29 18:31:11 UTC 2009

2009/3/29 Sam Cohen <sam at samcohen.com>

> And you can't tell me this is a small cost for anything but the simplest
> sites.  How many hours of work were required to take Drupal.org to Drupal 6?

Quite a lot, but mainly due to contrib stuff, not core.

In this case, it is the site's dependence on the project module suite, which
is a huge code base.

With Drupal 6, it was the first time ever that we did NOT eat our own dog
food prior to releasing the next stable version.

So, it goes again to : "it depends", i.e. how a given site was put together,
what modules were used, which are of the shelf (contrib), and which are in
house, any modifications to core or contrib, ...etc.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.