[consulting] oDesk

Matt Chapman Matt at NinjitsuWeb.com
Tue May 5 21:31:19 UTC 2009

> No worse than people in your segment of the supply chain, Matt.  The
> sarcasm and nastiness is really out of place here.  Plenty of
> "consultants" like yourself are guilty of over-inflating their
> experience and skills, and billing for time spent not doing productive
> work.  Poor work and business ethics are not limited to any one
> segment of the marketplace.

I wasn't trying to be nasty. Sorry if anyone misunderstood my tone.

I appreciate sarcasm and a good sense of humor, and I don't assume
negative intentions in e-mail communications unless its obvious and direct.

I did not use Bill's first name in an accusatory way. It was a friendly
nod to him in acknowledgment of previous conversations we've had on
g.d.o and elsewhere. I hope he took it that way.

>   Poor work and business ethics are not limited to any one
> segment of the marketplace.

I think I made this same point earlier in the thread, and that's exactly
why individuals working in any segment should be willing to accept some
form of accountability, or go find work elsewhere.

I maintain that oDesk's form of accountability is necessitated by
oDesk's payment terms and oDesk's typical membership of off-shore
developers (assuming a freelancer paid hourly).

There's a lot of misunderstanding in this thread, probably because few
people have actually read oDesk's documentation. I'm finding myself
agreeing with almost all of the principles being stated in response to
my comments, and what's the fun of continuing a conversation where we
all agree on the principles? :-)

That's the last I have to say on it.

Best,

Matt