[consulting] Co-Sponsoring a module

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Thu May 7 17:13:17 UTC 2009

A client of mine is potentially looking for someone to co-sponsor the
development of a module. Has anyone here done anything like that? What
would be the best way to look for potential sponsors?

The module in question is a user account balance-tracking API module. We
need it to:
1. track user account balances
2. handle messages showing debits / credits to a user's account.
3. Generate reports showing earnings / debits within a given time period.
4. Generate an admin report showing all accounts needing to be paid out
in a given month.
5. A half dozen other related functions.

The use-case would be for a company or program, such as Google's
Adsense, where the user accrues a balance over a given month. We want
them to be able to look at their history of account credits & debits.
This module would be the API only. It would provide an interface for
whatever custom modules to add and remove credits from a user's on-site
account.

We have a decent set of specifications together for the API. The main
problem is the cost of developing this module is a little out of my
client's reach. The module would, of course, be contributed back to the
Drupal community.

If anyone is interested in co-sponsoring, or has any ideas how to find
co-sponsors, please - let me know.
--
*Brian Vuyk*
Web Design & Development