[consulting] Lessons learned from consulting

David Hazel dave at hazelconsulting.com
Wed Nov 25 16:58:42 UTC 2009

D.O does not have place to provide feedback on Clients.

ClientRating (http://www.clientrating.com/) is a website we started to
provide a source for meaningful feedback (good and bad) on clients.

-Dave

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Roshan Shah <roshan.shah at bpocanada.com>wrote:

> Clients have been cribbing about Consulting companies in forums, etc. But
> alas Drupal.org does not have a Client Alert section where Developer or Shop
> can put details of non-paying client.  We had a classic case of a Travel
> Industry client who did not pay $52K to a Thailand based company and then
> owed us $104K. And we do have audio files and series of emails as evidence.
>
> Best is take advance prior to starting work and deliver 100% of code only
> on receiving 100% payment.
>
> Roshan

>> but
>> >

>> > Contracts are like fences.  But ultimately it is about the relationship
>> > you
>> > have with the other side.  That is why I think it is important to work
>> > directly for people and not be a sub, you can't manage the expectations
>> of
>> > the end client.
>> >
>> > You are write though if it gets to the point of whipping out the
>> contract
>> > it
>> > is over.
>>
>> Obviously, it's over... However, it may mean the difference between
>> getting
>> paid and not... I don't know about you, but I prefer to get paid for the
>> work I did, especially if it's over... As do a lot of wives. ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sami

Email is not a secure form of communication!

Drupal Consultant
http://www.hazelconsulting.com/
253.686.0296
dave at hazelconsulting.com