[consulting] VPS? [was D7 side effects on the Development list]

Jamie intoxination at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:35:15 UTC 2010

I do something similar. I have my main development computer, which runs
AMP, but is not world accessible (only local).

I have a second machine that runs as a server. That's where I put my
clients test sites. My company domain is handled by DynDNS, with a
wildcard subdomain pointing to my home test server.

For straight hosting, I can't recommend Linode enough. I've been with
them for quiet some time and am very happy with their service. I also
have over 100 databases on their smallest node and never have a problem.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net