[consulting] Overlap of D5 Views and D6 Views 2

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue Feb 23 13:31:28 UTC 2010

There is really no overlap on either UI or creation process between
Views 1 and Views 2.

When writing my book, I originally laid out the structure based on how
sites were built in D5 using Views 1.

When I got into working with Views 2, I ended up restructuring how the
entire book was laid out, to say nothing of the screenshots.

So I'd say you should plan on rewriting closer to 80 or 100% of your D5,
Views 1 based documentation. In my experience, if you are doing anything
that is remotely sophisticated, the similarities will be slim to none.

Cheers,

Bill