[consulting] update on making comment tagable?

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Tue Jun 1 23:15:46 UTC 2010

Hi George,

"The people in charge for the Drupal architecture" is You. Patches are
welcome, whether you write them yourself, or hire others to do it for
you. In the future, when hiring consultants, look for people who work
on core, and make sure you include a core patch as a deliverable. (and
budget accordingly.)

Lucky for you, Drupal 7 got this feature anyway: http://drupal.org/node/504666

For Drupal 6, it looks like nodecomment module is still actively
maintained, and this is probably still the best available solution.
The maintainer of the Advanced Forum module recommends it:
http://shellmultimedia.com/blog/comment-or-nodecomment-advanced-forum

You may find that you're well off to throw away your custom code and
start with the current version of nodecomment.

All the Best,

Matt Chapman
Ninjitsu Web Development
http://www.NinjitsuWeb.com