[consulting] Dispute Resolution Language

Kevin Davison kevin at quevin.com
Thu Jun 17 23:52:20 UTC 2010

[ Disclaimer: This is not legal advice, and you should always seek proper help from a lawyer to review all agreements/contracts. ]

1. Disputes
Mediation and Possible Litigation. If a dispute arises, the parties will try in good faith to settle it through mediation conducted by a mediator to be mutually selected. Each party will cooperate fully and fairly with the mediator and will attempt to reach a mutually satisfactory compromise to the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days after it is referred to the mediator, either party may take the matter to court.

2. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in California in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement. The parties waive any other jurisdiction to which either party might be entitled by domicile or otherwise.

3. Attorney Fees and Expenses
If there is litigation, the prevailing party may collect from the other party its reasonable costs and attorney fees incurred in enforcing this Agreement.