[consulting] Users and content types

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:57:32 UTC 2010

There are user profile fields which let you store text, integer, checkboxes,
or select list data with each user profile.

I've used such fields to store nids, so that I can bind a particular node to
a specific user account, but this requires lots of form_alter() fu.  CCK
fields, e.g. nodereference, can't be bound directly to the user's profile in
D6.  (But they can in D7.)

You may want look into creating intermediate nodes of a new content type
that have a 1:1 association to each user's profile.  That way, any
association between a user's profile and other nodes is done using the
intermediate node and existing CCK methods.

E.g.
http://drupal.org/project/content_profile

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, <bigjoe at lab.matcom.uh.cu> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a Drupal site and I would like to attach to the user's profile some
> information whose type is a content type of my site. How to do this?
> For example, I have the "Group" content type, and I want the user to see
> at register time, a select list or a combo box or something like that,
> whose values are the "Group"'s created at the moment.
> There is some idea?
> There is some idea without using taxonomies?
> Thanks!

Ben West
westbywest at gmail.com