[consulting] CiviCRM / Drupal integration expert

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Thu May 6 16:39:15 UTC 2010

CiviCRM has never had a relationship to with the Drupal project other
than the fact that CiviSpace/DeanSpace commissioned the original
integration.

The only reason anyone uses CiviCRM is because it is there. I have a
friend who has been involved with it since the beginning, and his
attitude seems to be a lot like Matt's. I read it as: the further you
go with it, the warmer it gets.

My take that it has a fundamentally flawed design, which the boss
thinks is the one true design pattern, database edition, and isn't
about to change, ever. This isn't really an open project (beyond
publishing the code and providing an automatic withering response to
any suggestion for change)?

Fortunately, we can accomplish an increasing amount of what CiviCRM
provides in Drupal. If you can meet your requirements that way, avoid
CiviCRM. If not, be thankful that there are folks like Matt, Rob
Thorne and a handful of others who are willing to make your problems
theirs, and prey that they don't decide to raise their rates or become
monks.

By the way, Matt has a placeholder page for a module called Drop CRM
<http://drupal.org/project/dropcrm>. Wonder what's cooking there?

Cary

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Kevin Reynen <kreynen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we move the "I think CiviCRM should be X" conversation to a
> CiviCRM specific forum so lobo and co. either tell you how to make
> this happen or explain why won't happen?
>
> I'd like to see CiviCRM wash my car once a week, but I keep those
> great ideas like that to myself until I have time or $$ to put towards
> making it happen.
>
> - Kevin Reynen

Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company