[consulting] CiviCRM / Zend Framework / DBTNG

Jim Taylor jim at rootyhollow.com
Tue May 11 13:10:19 UTC 2010

Is the goal of 4.0 really to make Drupal a requirement?  I'm a fan of
being CMS agnostic, I mean lets be real here Drupal is awesome (and our CMS
of choice) but it still has many less installs than Wordpress or Joomla.

My understanding is the main reason Drupal 7 is slower is the PDO/DBTNG so I
would be reluctant to add more processing to the system, we already have a
reputation for slowing things down.