[consulting] Contracted Help (As Needed Basis)

David Hazel dave at hazelconsulting.com
Fri May 28 20:21:56 UTC 2010

On the flip side of things, we built a client rating prototype in drupal
about 6 mos ago

http://www.clientrating.com/

Not much traffic and the initial response from SeaDUG was basically, "I'm
not sharing my good clients, and I don't want to publicly discuss the bad
ones."

I think much of this just gets spread via word of mouth, kind of like how my
business grows, not a very complicated plan, but it seems to work.

my 2 cents.

-Dave

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Christian Pearce <pearcec at xforty.com>wrote:

> http://www.madewithdrupal.com/ <-- this is pretty cool.  I want to see the
> ratings and the profiles.  I think what you could do is invite customers to
> comment.  And maybe people who had a bad experience could seek you out.  And
> just note they had a bad experience. IDK.
>
> As far as rating, well I would rather have users opinions in words.  I work
> extremely hard to get my customers what they need and what they asked for
> and would welcome their public comment.
>
> I don't want to discuss the certification program.
>
> ----- "Kevin Davison" <kevin at quevin.com> wrote:
> >
> Christian, I definitely agree. The fact that we can choose our projects is
> exactly why I'm still in business after three years.
>

> I saw a few sites that had this "rating" system, and perhaps a Yelp-style
> review site would be helpful. However, there's potential for a lot of abuse,
> just like Yelp has experienced. Abuse from "flaming" as well as corruption
> where pooling occurs and businesses rate each other unfairly.
>
> --
> xforty technologies
> Christian Pearce
> 888-231-9331 x1119
> http://xforty.com

Email is not a secure form of communication!

Drupal Consultant
253.686.0296
http://www.hazelconsulting.com/
dave at hazelconsulting.com