[consulting] Performance Issues

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Fri Oct 22 18:31:58 UTC 2010

Hi, Frank. Here's a free consultation:

Your server specs are relevant here, plus whatever else you might be
running. I find that large sites need, depending on what other services
are used, about 4G of RAM. I've see large, high traffic sites crash in
2G, though those servers also ran varnish, and some other things.

You're half of the way there, if you know about the bad query. These
often can be solved simply by adding an index on the offending table.
Menu and taxonomy related tables are likely offenders.

I'm guessing you need to do both the above: increase your server's RAM
and optimize tables.