[consulting] Website Support Chat

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Fri Sep 17 15:30:58 UTC 2010

This question would be better sent to the support list, unless you are
looking to hire someone to do this for you. That said, just a few quick
hints so you're not left dry:

Last time I looked there were a couple of Drupal modules to do this,
more or less. I experimented with it a year or so ago. If you go to,
say, Google (whatever their chat is called) they have a widget that you
can include in your site. I didn't really like it, and didn't end up
using it.

I think the solution you really want is something built on Drupal's
messaging framework, and ajax enabled to get that asynchronous, chatty
goodness. Whether or not that exists is for you to research.

Good luck with this, and do post to the support list. More helpful