[consulting] Drupal themer needed for short gig

Andrew R. Kelly arkelly at cognisync.com
Wed Aug 17 16:32:29 UTC 2011

Got some great responses, thanks all.  We're working through them now and
will reach out soon.

Since this list is full of consultants I thought I'd throw out some sales
advice, based on the content of some responses to this little request.  If
you don't get the gig it could be because:  (a) your response was canned and
not on point - you have that many leads that you can't tailor an email to
the specific sender?, (b) you were upselling a suite of Drupal services
without addressing the specific request, (c) you set forth bold and
aggressive payment requirements before you even got the job, or lastly (d)
you ignored the request for some information on your rate or availability.

Oh and (e) your rate is $2/hr.  While an intriguing number, I can't
ethically pay less for a site theme update than I do the lawn guy.

Just some observations from a buyer, take it with a grain of salt.  Lots of
competition out there.

Good selling,

Andrew