[consulting] Consultant Community

Bert Van Kets mailing at vankets.com
Tue Aug 23 13:40:41 UTC 2011

Fred,

The difference in hourly rate can mainly be explained by the work
involved. I doubt there are many people willing to do difficult module
development for $2 USD an hour. There are several layers of difficulty
in Drupal development, each with their normal price.
- Installing and configuring Drupal (script kiddy click-click-click)
- Graphics work (no development involved)
- Creating themes (less PHP, more html, css, javascript)
- Creating modules (PHP and database)
- Performance tuning for huge sites (the whole shebang)
- ... (magic tricks?)

When mentioning hourly rates, please do put it in perspective. There is
no such thing as Drupal work. It has to be more specific.

What do you think is an appropriate/normal rate for the different
difficulty levels?

Bert