[consulting] Thinking about the Broken Web, Our Role?

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Thu Jun 23 16:37:45 UTC 2011

Well, eventually, as software and the web itself progresses we're going to need to start explaining to clients that test driven development, particularly for mission critical elements, needs to be part of a de rigueur QA process.

The last major project I worked on had as many QA staff as developers. I know it is a tough sell to tell a client that a project needs as many or more people looking for the bugs and documenting them, then people who can fix them, but I find pointing out that their site's actual users outnumber me millions to one, so hiring another person to make sure that (hopefully) those millions of innocent users don't turn into my personal QA team, usually is considered reasonable.

-Sam

Sam Tresler
646-246-8403