[consulting] JOB: Contract Drupal developer for motorcycle community site

netsperience rgoya at netsperience.org
Tue Mar 22 19:36:26 UTC 2011

  While I would not consider applying for the < $1K job, I forwarded it
to a friend who is trying to build up his portfolio. It looks like it
might actually be fun :-)
The "polite" response to a job below one's expectations is to pass and
move on.
Flaming a client for being honest about his terms will either drive the
client from our community (perhaps the goal for some) or give him the
idea of being less than upfront next time.
In fact, there is a definite trend among A-level clients to hire a
USA/Euro Drupal lead to coordinate with a dedicated offshore team, so
don't sneer about "companies in India" because you may be working with
one on your next project. I have been working with one such company for
a few years on NET and Flash dev with excellent results.
Finally, I know a really, really good Drupal/PHP developer in Vietnam
who lives well billing $5/hour, and he's always fully booked. It's a
global economy, and the low-budget project will probably find a taker.