[consulting] Lowball offers

Liam McDermott liam at intermedia-online.com
Wed Mar 23 00:49:33 UTC 2011

On 11-03-22 03:32 PM, Tom Geller wrote:
>> this problem will not go away.
>
> Is it really a problem? If these lowballers do a bad job, you'll get
> the work eventually -- with a better-educated client. If they do a
> good job, that means the market has shifted, and the rest of us are
> charging too much.

It seems that what people are worried about is the exchange value of
Drupal services falling below the subsistence wage in their area.

Glibly saying, 'You're charging too much.' is cold comfort when a
person's livelihood is in danger.

Not that I necessarily agree with the OP, just thought I'd point out
that this sort of reaction is not unexpected and saying people need to
lower prices, when they cannot afford to, is not a solution. :)

Kind Regards,
Liam McDermott.