[consulting] Contract protection clause

Dan Horning dan.horning at planetnoc.com
Wed Mar 23 17:21:32 UTC 2011

I would suggest strongly talking to a lawyer at least once - there may be local issues you have to cover.

IP law is a huge area and most times a client doesn't go deeper than i own the idea and you own the code you have for frameworks...
non-competes .... i wouldn't include one UNLESS a client requests them... and then most times they have one already made up as it is.

http://www.proposalkit.com/ has some good starting points.

I have one that i've drafted over time to only include key areas and then augment as needed - but that's specific to my experience and needs

message me offlist if you want to see the contract - in a few months i'll post it publicly under creative commons too.

--
Dan Horning

American Digital Services - Where you are only limited by imagination.
dan.horning at planetnoc.com :: http://www.americandigitalservices.com
1-518-444-0213 x502 . toll free 1-800-863-3854 . fax 1-888-474-6133
PO Box 746, Troy, NY 12181