[consulting] Purpose?

John spam at onlineconcepts.com
Wed Mar 23 17:41:08 UTC 2011

Sam wrote:
> I also think it's not the place for non-consultants to join and
> post jobs or anything else for that matter.  But that's just my
> opinion and a lot of folks disagree with me about that.

I am the potential client who posted the lowball offer, and I've been following
the discussion. I'm a developer myself, but my day job does not allow me time
for a side project of this scope right now. (See yesterday's digest for more.)

Here's why I posted to this list. Quoting from "Hiring a Drupal site developer"
at http://drupal.org/node/51169#advertise-the-job

"The Drupal Consulting List is another place to post a call for applicants." If
you wish to move potential clients away from these conversations, it's probably
a good idea to strike that line. Sounds like people are ok with a little
ambiguity on the list though.

-John