[consulting] Seeking FT PHP/Drupal developer

R.J. Townsend rtownsend at navigationarts.com
Tue Oct 25 16:07:41 UTC 2011

Hi all, feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested, thanks.

--rj

Location: VA, Mclean (Headquarters) or Philadelphia, PA (Satellite)

NavigationArts (http://navarts.com) is a leading Internet strategy and consulting firm specializing in the fast-growing field of information architecture and usability design. We help companies and organizations transform the way they do business by integrating strategic, creative and technical disciplines into powerful Internet solutions that optimize online business processes. We differentiate ourselves by our ability to convert complex informational and transactional processes into highly intuitive user experiences that drive value for our clients.

We are seeking a PHP Developer who has a passion for analyzing problems and writing code. The ideal candidate will have solid programming experience in a number of languages and technologies, including PHP, Perl, Python, JavaScript, AJAX, SOAP, XML and others, as well as a love for Drupal and all things open source. Drupal 7 experience is required but can be substituted with a strong background in computer science and/or engineering. A desire to learn and grow is a must. We are looking for a programmer, not a site builder or themer.

The PHP Developer will work with the Drupal and front-end development teams to create custom Drupal modules, integrate Drupal with 3rd party systems and mobile applications, write scripts, assist with advanced LAMP implementations and configurations, evaluate existing solutions and offer recommendations, provide thought leadership, collaborate with clients and other developers, and more.

NavArts is a great place to work. We pay good salaries, offer competitive benefits, have flexible schedules, allow telecommuting, go out to happy hours, and more. Join us to create some of the most interesting and challenging sites on the interwebz.

Responsibilities
*         Develop custom Drupal modules by writing original code
*         Provide technical advice on website design and development throughout the entire planning, designing, coding, testing, and support lifecycle.
*         Assist with Drupal site administration and configuration/development requests
*         Contribute to our development environment and staging processes by writing scripts, recommending best practices, improving current practices, and more.
*         Build basic Drupal websites
*         Document software specifications, comment code, and write technical papers, reports, and client deliverables
Qualifications
*         Proficient in Drupal module development, understanding of theme development
*         Experienced with internal workings of Drupal, including core and contributed modules (actions, triggers, views, content types, panels, context, fields, etc), the various APIs and hooks (cache, node, etc), Drush, and more.
*         Experienced in deploying a Drupal project across multiple environments (dev -> stage -> prod, etc.) using SVN or Git.
*         Experience with LAMP performance tools such as Varnish, memcache, APC
*         Experienced with user-contributed module landscape/ecosystem/Research needs to determine if existing contributed modules can fulfill solution requirements
*         Experience with integrating third party systems into an application
*         Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and other web standards
*         Broad knowledge of JavaScript/jQuery/Ajax, etc.
*         Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
*         Experience in other portal and content management products and tools
*         Background in traditional software development methodologies and environments, including a willingness to learn and apply new software development tools, technologies, and methodologies
*         Excellent written and spoken communication skills
*         Ability to work autonomously and in team environments
*         Ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent project tasks
*         Capable of managing client expectations and explaining technical matters to non-technical people
*         Demonstrate valuable contribution to the Drupal community
Experience
*         Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related years of experience
*         5+ years' experience coding web applications in PHP and MySQL in a Linux environment, at least 3 years developing on Drupal
*         Experience with enterprise applications preferred
Benefits
*         Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience
*         Competitive benefits including health, medical, vision, and dental
*         Dynamic, energetic work environment with a proven industry leader
*         Interesting and challenging projects
Apply online: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NAVIGATIONARTS&cws=1&rid=19

R.J. Townsend

NavigationArts
7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 400