[consulting] Drupal site development but with restrictions

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Mon Aug 20 20:13:18 UTC 2012

> Why are they doing it? Explain to them the consequences as they may
> have no idea. Tell them: You know that if you do this, then I can't do
> Feature X nor Y for you.
>
> Fred

I'm definitely letting them know the consequences.

I'm mostly curious if this is a trend that others have seen, particularly
where Acquia is involved as the host. (I'm not clear on whether Acquia has
encouraged them to do this or they decided on their own.)

But it seems Drupal is growing enormously in the University market, and
Acquia in the hosting market, so I wanted to know if others have run into
this particular issue, which is basically a University taking a Drupal
Gardens approach to all the related sites.

Sam