[consulting] Drupal site development but with restrictions

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeenconsulting.com
Mon Aug 20 20:31:26 UTC 2012

On 8/20/12 3:13 PM, Sam Cohen wrote:

>     Why are they doing it? Explain to them the consequences as they may
>     have no idea. Tell them: You know that if you do this, then I can't do
>     Feature X nor Y for you.
>
>     Fred

to some extent this may make sense from the University's point of view.
Common elements on the site, consistent behaviors, etc.  And if they're
getting Acquia to do some level of support for this, it can make a lot
of sense.   Having to support long-term a set of web sites that have a
lot of custom modules can be challenging, particularly when the time
comes to do a Drupal upgrade.

Now -- of course, the question is - which modules, and what happens when
you the point where there is NOT a module for that?  And of course,
Universities often have other data sources that they want to draw into
the web site, where there almost certainly will NOT be a module for that.