[consulting] Drupal site development but with restrictions

Owen Barton drupal at owenbarton.com
Mon Aug 20 22:31:28 UTC 2012

Another consideration in forcing multiple disparate sites into a single
docroot (that don't otherwise want/need to be a multisite) is that it
introduces some security tradeoffs, because the sites often cannot be
effectively isolated from one another: all the sites normally end up
running under a single system user account (and can read each others
settings.php for example) - meaning that if one site is compromised then
they are all are.

Thanks!
- Owen