[consulting] Community site discussions done... the entity/relation way?

Audrius Naslenas audrius.naslenas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:31:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

Currently working on OG based community site, which has pretty much most
of groups.drupal.org functionality (in D7) and a bit similar to Commons
distribution.

So, more than halfway into development I really really start to hate the
node->comment->comment... way of discussion threads. In D6 there was a
magical module - Nodecomments, which made life much easier, because then
you have one entity type for content and comments.

My question would be:
Are there any working practical examples on D7 which could substitute
default comment system and also plug in nicelly into OG ecosystem? It
seems, that there are many Entity* and Relation* modules, which in my
opinion are capable of doing this, but It is beyond my knowledge to get
those "glue" priciples for final results.

What would you suggest? The option to wait for next core or downgrade to
D6 is not acceptable.
Any links, docs, videos, opinions would be extremely usefull as I cannot
find anything usable, just another descriptions of the same problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
A.

p.s. There is "Reply" module - I will test it extensivelly, but it looks
a bit short for my task.