[consulting] Feasibility

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Mon Feb 13 16:50:16 UTC 2012

----- "Sam Tresler" <sam at treslerdesigns.com> wrote:

> [...]

Right that is why I said "points well taken."  I was simply offering my opinion and thoughts to see what others were.

> In my experience it is a rare site that actually needs a rebuild. Why
>
> would we bother with an upgrade path at all if that weren't the case?

I am speaking specifically to third party modules that don't upgrade well.

> These instances stand out in our mind because that's A) usually when
> they call the consultants in, and B) They're a giant PITA. But as far
> as
> 'always being more cost effective to rebuild' I think that is very far

You are paraphrasing me.  I didn't say always.

> off the mark. And not a good or true impression to leave a client
> with.

So have you ever found yourself in the middle of a complicated upgrade were you thought, huh, might have been better to just start from scratch?

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce
888-231-9331 x1119
http://xforty.com