[consulting] Gouging Stupid Clients

James Porter jameslporter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:50:49 UTC 2012

The best thing to do is set a policy such as a minimum charge to do
something. For instance your policy could be that you never charge
less than an hour. As long as you are up front with what your policy
is, then it's their fault if they don't bundle tasks together that
require a full hour. Never bill for time you didn't use, if you are
"efficient" at what you do then increase your hourly rate. That's why
some of us make more than others. I personally don't have a lot of
time to devote to my freelance work, but I am very good at what I do
and very much in demand. So I have a high hourly rate to keep demand
in check with my availability.