[consulting] Gouging Stupid Clients

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Thu Feb 23 17:49:25 UTC 2012

----- "Fred Jones" <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Put simply, this is unethical.  You need to explain them them it is 30 minutes and I charge 400 yen an hour.  Clearly they will balk and you know it.  In your scenario you said they ask how long it will take.  But then you suggest that all they care about is price.  I don't think that is true.  I competent person wants to know how long.

Now if you think it isn't worth you time, tell them you have a 4 hour minimum to do requests.  For us and our steady clients it is a 18 minute minimum.  We take the good with the bad and have virtually 0% customer turnover.  Think about it.

> I'm sure others have such clients.

We all have sweetheart clients, the last think you want to do with them is be dishonest.

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce
888-231-9331 x1119
http://xforty.com