[consulting] Failed Outsourcing Job

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:56:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Nick Vidal <nick at iss.im> wrote:
> The answer is obvious: either pay him to use his work, or don't use it at
> all. It would be unfair to do otherwise.

No offense, but who said life is fair?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Ryan Cross <drupal at ryancross.com> wrote:
> I'm sure its tempting to use the work and you probably feel like his failure
> to deliver has cost you time

Yes, that is precisely it. I wasn't sure why I felt like I do sort of
deserve something. Now I understand why I don't feel I must be "fair"
in this situation. In reality, both of you are correct.

Now that I understand better, I can tell him that he has cost us time,
which is money, and has frustrated my client, and so I will see what I
work out with him.

Ryan, thank you for this angle--that's what I needed.

Fred