[consulting] Failed Outsourcing Job

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:10:38 UTC 2013

Normally in the case of 100% completion for payment, the assumption is that if it's complete, you receive it and they get paid, and if it's not complete, you don't receive it and they don't get paid. In cases where you may receive something in increments and the final deadline is important, a better way to do it might be penalties against the payment, and you can build into the penalty amounts whatever you think your risk is. Even then, the penalties should not amount to the payment if you're going to retain a work product regardless.