[consulting] Failed Outsourcing Job

Andrew F andrewfriedman101 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:47:18 UTC 2013

I wish I could "like" some of these responses as in a facebook like.

If the tables were reversed what would you expect?  You would expect to get
paid for your time.
Pay the man for his work.  If he did 80% pay him 400 dollars (80% of the
500) and finish the project up yourself.

The real issue here is communications.   As the project manager how is it
that you failed to communicate effectively with your contractor.  Your job
is to recognize problems before they get big.  If someone is asking for
reviews and not understanding, Then its time to fire up skype and clarify
things.

Bottom line, a few hundred bucks is not going to make or brake anyone.
Care a little more, do the right thing and it will come back to you.