[consulting] Unsigned Contract Breach Question

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:23:11 UTC 2013

Asking for $5000 seems reasonable.  Many managers would see $5K as a cheap
wake up call that there is something wrong with their process of hiring
contractors.  The contract could have been for $130,000 and with a company
willing to sue over it.

I would include the person above the person who verbally approved the
contract when sending that invoice.  Even if you don't get paid, it may
correct the mismanagement of contracts at that organization.  Hopefully
they'd clarify who can actually approve contracts and how that process
needs to be handled so this doesn't happen again.

Good luck!

- Kevin Reynen