[consulting] Gittip Challenge & Security Offering

Stephanie Curry stephaniecurry13 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 19:00:28 UTC 2013

thankyou.stephanie curry.

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:59 PM, Mike Gifford <mike at openconcept.ca> wrote:

GITTIP CHALLENGE

We put forward this challenge to Drupal shops earlier this week and so just wanted to mention it here:
    http://openconcept.ca/blog/mgifford/gittip-nurturing-community-drupal-shop-challenge

I really think every web development shop using Drupal should be finding some way to give to the contributors of Core and the modules/themes they use.

DA member @kattekrab said on twitter that she "decided to give to @Gittip each month what I earn in an hour. Imagine if all of us did that?"

That's something that freelancers can aim for too.  So who is up for it? There are already over 450 Drupal people registered on Gittip including names you'll know if you know Drupal at all.

SECURITY OFFERING

We wrote up the following best-practice guide for Drupal security over the last several months:
    http://openconcept.ca/drupal-security-guide

It's a resource that touches on a lot of issues from management to server config.  It's definitely not as detailed as some, but hopefully provides great references for folks looking to go through and want to review the security of their site.  Note that this is an evolving document and your feedback is appreciated.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, President, OpenConcept Consulting Inc.
Drupal 8 Core Accessibility Maintainer -> http://drupal.org/user/27930

Open source web development for social change – http://openconcept.ca/