[drupal-devel] some drupal stats

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:22:07 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005 6:17 PM, grohk <grohk at code0range.net> wrote:
> > * Google would like Drupal to include an AdSense.module with the
> > drupal distribution
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would this module be covered by
> the same license as the rest of Drupal, i.e. the GNU/GPL?

No, it is not a stupid question, and yes, the license would be the
same. This does not mean Google is GPL or anything like that, it just
means it would use APIs to talk to Google AdSense.

> > I think it would be a fantastic, win-win option -- lots of people that
> > run Drupal sites struggle with enabling AdSense. Those that don't want
> > to use it, don't have to.
>
> As long as this module is optional and legally unencumbered I don't see
> why this would be a problem.
>
> The reason I ask is that I do not think I would use it, since I
> personally dislike advertising.  I would rather support Drupal by giving
> my donations directly to it's contributors.

Just to be clear: using the module does not bring money to Drupal.
Having people sign up for new AdSense accounts through the Drupal
module does.

And yes, it would be "optional", just like every other module.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com