[drupal-devel] Re: [contributions(DRUPAL-4-5):sheldon]

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Mon Apr 4 03:39:53 UTC 2005

Jim Riggs wrote:

>So what's up with all of contrib being tagged for 4.5 this morning?
>Did that mess up the branching of a lot of contrib?  All of my
>modules look fine, because they already had 4.5 branches.  Items that
>didn't, though, may now be branched even though they don't work with
>4.5.  Looks like some repair work may be in order...

This is my mistake. I apologize. I was trying to simply tag my
interwiki module, and got confused by the program I'm using (CVL on
Mac OS X). It has a "Tag Files" command in its "Work Area" menu, so I
selected the interwiki module in my work area and then selected the
"Tag Files" command. To my surprise, it started iterating through all
of contrib, and I didn't know how to stop it.

After this happened, I realized that there's a separate "Tag" command
in CVL's "File" menu. I'm guessing that this is what I should have
used.

I'm new to CVS and to CVL, and this isn't the first frustrating
experience I've had with it. However, it's the first time that
something like this has negatively affected Drupal's contributions
repository.

Once again, I apologize, but in my defense, the interface to CVL is
pretty damn confusing. I'd like to find a simple tutorial so I can
learn how to just use CVS directly from my terminal command line. Can
someone point me to one?

--Sheldon