[drupal-devel] Forummail beta 1

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Tue Apr 5 07:42:54 UTC 2005

It was (nicely) pointed out to me that my original post was at best
vague.  Forummail is an "add-on" to Mailhandler and Listhandler which
handles the subsciptions to a listserve (in this case EZMLM) so that if
you are going to have a listserve that posts to a forum (and a forum
that posts to a list) then your users subscription to the underlying
listserve can be managed from within Drupal.  You can read more about
the motivations for this project here:
<http://dev.civicactions.net/?q=civicgroups>.

While we're calling this a "beta" it is beta only in terms of the
limited goals we have for this current version.  I think that some folks
who are particularly interested in forums and listserves might be
interested as well as people who are interested in ASP type services.
This code is (IMHO) not ready for the general Drupal community.

If you are interested in seeing this module in action you can get an
account at dev.civicactions.net/cg1.

Regards,

Dan