[drupal-devel] Changing node type

menesis gediminas.paulauskas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:12:54 UTC 2005

On Mar 28, 2005 9:37 PM, Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:28:31 -0600, Tom Dobes <tomdobes at purdue.edu> wrote:
> > Maykel Moya wrote:
> > > It's safe to change the node type in the database from page to book ? In
> > > case it don't, could you suggest please a manner to achieve switching
> > > node type.

> This would be very useful. We sort of pushed ahead on Spread Firefox
> without thinking about node types and now I have a bunch of meeting
> notes stored as blog posts which really should be book pages. And
> simple way to make this change would be very helpful.

In specific case of converting a post to a book page... do you really
need to do that? You can add a page or blog post to a book using
node's "outline" tab. It remains of original node type, visible in
content admin, search, tracker etc., but looks as part of a book.

Converting would be nice to have, but you can only convert between the
simple node types like page and story... Most others have additional
information, which has to be filled in or is lost upon conversion.
Imagine converting an image to an event ;)

menesis