[drupal-devel] Changing node type

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Apr 7 07:22:41 UTC 2005

>> Converting would be nice to have, but you can only convert between the
>> simple node types like page and story... Most others have additional
>> information, which has to be filled in or is lost upon conversion.
>> Imagine converting an image to an event ;)
>
> I think that's why the module was not updated after it was released...
> it had some significant limitations.  However, it might be worthwhile to
> revive for use in mass conversions... another item for my "to-do" list,
> I guess.

What most of those wishing this feature miss is the conversion of a
comment and all its replies to a forum/story, etc. node. That is a
simple text container to another simple text container, but cropping out
part of a comment tree, and making the first comment a node. This does
not involve complex node types, since the starting point is a text
container and the resulting node is also a simple one.

Goba