[drupal-devel] Taxonomy Similar: Very Early First Draft

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Fri Apr 8 07:11:03 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:01:26
>Now, the tags:
>
> node #1: horses, horseriding, love, hobby
> node #2: horses, palomino, wishlist
> node #3: midget, horses, cows

I should look at the code,

But are you saying that horses is similar to horseriding, love, hobby,
palomino, wishlist, midget, cows ? Perhaps ordered by how often the
related terms appear on the same node. This looks like
del.icio.us/flickr related terms to me. But somewhere in this thread you
said "Explore playing with term_relation so that similar tags are
related to one another". In the above example, I don't see how you can
draw any conclusions about horses being equivalent to horseriding.

I guess I'm puzzled by the algorithm you're using to define what is an
alternate term (synonym?) as opposed to being a related term.

--
Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com  M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster:             http://www.ecademy.com/  T: +44 (0)192 0412 433