[drupal-devel] [bug] have db_prefix_tables() handle 'default' key not being set

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Apr 8 11:34:20 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

I was checking settings.php to read up on how to use $db_prefix but
noticed that only the 'simple' case was documented.  The fact that
$db_prefix can be an array isn't explained anywhere (not in the phpdoc
of  db_prefix_tables() and not in settings.php).  Where did that go?  I
wanted to check what the documentation had to say on the availability of
a 'default' entry ...

Dries

Previous comments:

March 28, 2005 - 23:24 : danielc

The db_prefix_tables() function in includes/database.inc generates
notices if $db_prefix['default'] is not set.  This patch fixes that
problem.  This has a side benefit of making $db_prefix easier to use.

March 29, 2005 - 00:06 : moshe weitzman

nice ... this has been a bit a pimple for a while.

March 29, 2005 - 17:40 : danielc

I've come up with a new version of the patch that optimizes the speed of
the whole function.

March 29, 2005 - 17:56 : danielc

Change Version from "4.5.2" to "cvs".

March 29, 2005 - 18:01 : danielc

Pardon me, I'm testing if this goes the drupal-dev list now that the
version is "cvs."

April 3, 2005 - 14:45 : Dries

Any idea of how much faster the second patch is?  I don't think it makes
a real difference in which case I'd favor the first patch.

April 3, 2005 - 20:40 : danielc

The speed increase is 5%.

April 3, 2005 - 20:52 : Dries

5% compared to what?  What did you measure?

April 4, 2005 - 06:56 : danielc

I tested the db_prefix_tables() function in two configurations.  With my
first patch applied and with my second patch applied.  The second patch
is 5% faster than the first.  This improvement is the same for both the
string and array formats of $db_url.

April 8, 2005 - 02:43 : danielc

Can this please be applied to 4-6 and HEAD?