[drupal-devel] AJAX in CMS

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:22:55 UTC 2005

On 4/10/05, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:

> The "XML and script" that Hixie suggests instead of Ajax could equally
> be already built into Drupal. We do use the PHP scripting language, and
> handle quite a lot of XML stuff from generation to parsing. Isn't Drupal
> already "XML and script" capable? It is. In fact PHP itself is.

I'm wondering what developers think about combining AJAX (i.e.
XMLHttpRequest) w/ OPML for category/taxonomy administration? Again,
I'm working this into a UI demo, but I don't have the programming
clout to do the XMLHttpRequest stuff.

In particular, adding AJAX to this XSLT & OPML
(http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/opml.htm) looks promising.

Chris