[drupal-devel] Node access module

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Apr 12 08:32:37 UTC 2005

Hi!

Although there are two contrib modules (node_privacy_by_role and
nodeperm_role) which leverages the node access system, I have written a
third one which is in my (chx) sandbox as nodeaccess.module. I do not
intend it to be a contrib module -- I'd like to see it in 4.7 core.

Features are:

1) You may give grants per role for each node type
2) Every node may have a grant tab where ordinary users may give additional
grants for other users. Admins may edit grants per roles. Whether this
grant tabs appears can be controlled again per node type.
3) Users may save these additional grants as default for their content.

I think the UI is straightforward.

TODO
a) provide a mechanism to delete the default in 3)
b) provide hooks for group modules so that users may operate on those, too

So, this module is much more community oriented than the previous attempts
while the admin remains in the driver's seat.

Installation now requires a manual emptying of the node access table. Will
improve this one, too.

Regards

Karoly Negyesi