[drupal-devel] Okay, I think I borked my CVS...what do I do now?

menesis gediminas.paulauskas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:17:04 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 3:49 AM, Syscrusher <scott at 4th.com> wrote:
> After reading the Contributor Guide, I *thought* what I needed to do was to
> checkout DRUPAL-4-6 branch of contributions, then put my module into there
> and tag it appropriately. When I did the CVS add, however, CVS reported that
> the per-directory sticky tag on the parent directory (modules) made the tag
> redundant.
>
> Okay, I thought, I'll just proceed to add the new files. That seemed to work,
> but they didn't show up on the CVS browser on drupal.org, which thought that
> the files didn't match any branch tag (nor head -- it said the files were
> there but didn't match even if I said "show all files").

What you did wrong is you tried to import a directory into a branch.
So the directory was created only for branch and would not appear in
HEAD since you added it only to branch.

The correct order:
1. Checkout modules HEAD.
2. copy hof directory from sandbox, make sure there are no CVS
directories inside
3. cvs add hof && cvs add hof/* . Commit them, they will appear in CVS.
4. Only then branch your module for 4.6.

menesis