[drupal-devel] Drupal.org forums

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Apr 13 08:26:19 UTC 2005

Hello world,

I reorganized the drupal.org forums  based on the outcome of the Drupal
conference in Antwerp:

    http://drupal.org/node/18270

    "We realize that the Drupal community is growing. One of the effects
of this is that there is a need for better segmentation of concerns and
focus. The suggestion was for the formation of several "working
groups", along with tools and assistance to allow members of the groups
to interact with each other in a focused manner."

Changes:

  - I created new forums and shuffled the existing forums around.

  - I added RSS feeds to the forum listings so it is easy to subscribe
to your favorite forums using an RSS aggregator.  Until we have
subscriptions, this might help you track or filter discussions.

Next steps:

  - Discuss the new layout and wording of the forum names/descriptions.
Suggestions welcome.

  - I'd like to invite some of you to recategorize existing forum topics
that now have a better home.

  - The /forum page is getting slow.  It is in the top 10 of most
popular Drupal.org pages though so any performance improvements to
either the taxonomy or forum module are much appreciated.

  - As soon we settled on a new forum layout and recategorized a bunch
of forum topics, we'll announce the changes and their intend on
drupal.org.